1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings that don't widden the plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Robber80, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

is there any product that can make a regular stright blade cup snow like wings but not stick out on either side?
  2. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Why would you want them to not stick out on either side?
  3. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

I don't know if there are any companies out there that manufacture them as aftermarket but the Leo plows we run the place that builds them make plates that cap off the ends and they work great. There just like a pusher box and work really slick. As to why you would want them to cap off the plow instead of sticking out, i guess you could like them better for pushing snow out of like alley ways or places you cant leave snow and would work better then like turkey wingsbecause you can fit more snow in them. When you go up against curbs there isn't as much pressure on them, and they work better for stacking snow.

I dont know why it wont let me add the pic because its already on this site?
    Heres a link.
  4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Those leo plows look great. Is the guy on here, the maker of them? I never heard of the brand.
  5. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Hinniker makes a set that pins to the side of the moldboard. Makes the plow into a box.
  6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

ROBBER.......What you are looking for is A brand called Turkey Wings.

They make your straight blade like a box plow and don't widen your push
    (unless you adjust them to do so).

They are perfect for my application like plowing narrow bank drive thru lanes,
    alleys, etc......

They ride in a channel so they will float over any obstruction and trip with the blade.

I am on my 4th season using them and they work great !!!

Check out their site, then call Roger the Turkey Wing guy. He can answer any questions you may have 715 878 4523
  7. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Leos are manufactured by Truck Utilities in St. Paul, MN They have two other locations one in Kansas City and North Dakota, But im not sure i think they only make the leos at the MN shop. I dont know if the guy who makes them is on here.
  8. Also,
    Get ahold of Garagekeeper on here. He sells Powerscoops that don't make your plow wider at all, just make it like a box plow. John is a great guy to deal with and recommend him highly. :waving:
  9. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

wow thanks those look cool. i just wnat to make clean ups quicker but 9 foot is as wide as i want to go for my residentials. thanks for all the ideas! any pictures?
  10. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

The Powerscoops I have seen do indeed stick out further than the plow like Pro Wings...........

I can see with a 9 footer why you need a box type "wing"..........

I suppose the Turkey Wings are the brand you need.......geo

Check out the Turkey Wing thread with pics here.........