1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings or ends

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rjigto4oje, Dec 1, 2014.

1. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I have 2 unimounts 1 currently has wings debating on the other 1 i have 2 pieces of tread steel and 1 old cutting edge i have a welder i was thinking about making my plow into a pusher it would still angle i also have an old 10 foot long rubber cutting edge has anyone ever done this and what about when the plow tilts forward i could use these on long runs i have i want to be able to take them off im not worried about the truck being able to handle it its a v10 thanks

2. BIG NICKY

BIG NICKY Member

im interested in this as well

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Check this out.....
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=125569&highlight=ak250

And this

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=151034&highlight=91ak250

4. rjigto4oje

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Take a look at pusher box plows to see how they deal with it, I've seen some where the whole end plate pivots and some where only a section does.

6. rjigto4oje

I've seen pushers they run rubber cutting edges at least the ones I've seen. I've never seen a box end pivot I'd like to though that's my concern

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

8. rjigto4oje

I've seen those that's bad a$$ I'm on a budget not to sound cheap i already have all the material laying around

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You can do the same fairly cheap, you just need to be creative.Thumbs Up

10. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I used to have box ends and the bottom 6 inches was rubber so it would trip still. If you trip the plow a lot you will need to replace the rubber cutting edges every season

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I'll take a pic of a set for western I made and never really used them Back in the 80s-90s I made these to sell Made a lot of them The side boards is the name I gave them

With a truck plow you need 2 connecting points 1 at top is the guide point and 1 at the bottom is the pivot point This will let the plow trip

I don't run them on trucks any more But still have a set on my tractor plow made in 93

Wing are less forgiving when hitting a curb Sideboards you hit a curb you can bend the crap out of them