1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings on the speed wing plow

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mike S, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Can you put wings on the wings of a speed wing plow? Do the danger wings work on it? 8'6" just doesn't seem aggressive enough. How much does the 8'6" speed wing cost roughly?

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The wings do pin back flat on the speed wing plows, not sure if Jerre's wings will work or not. Why not just get an 810 ?

3. Mike S

A lot of repairs this year and the 810 might not be in the budget especially hear in Columbus. The dealers hear in town have some of the highest prices I have ever seen or heard of.

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $4200 installed last nov. for a 860 speed wing. My last plow was an 810 and I don't regret buying a speed wing. I don't know about adding wings to the wings but if you think you need it why not!!! The speed wing is not a power plow but it does 90% of what the 810 can do. It's simple to use ,less to go wrong and a little easier on your truck. Even with a stock speed wing you'll plow circles aroung a straight blade!!! Good luck!!!

5. Mike S

So over all aspects it a good way to go? I figured it was probably faster than the 810 since you have all of those buttons to push.