1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on the poly blades

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mike S, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ive seen a few pic on hear of people putting wing on the poly blades and I wanted to know how well their working and if they have stayed on? :drinkup::help:
  2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have a set on my 8' poly and they work great and no problem with them staying on.
  3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Same here. Stock mounted too, and I've smacked them many times. Havent budged or bent.

The only thing that bothers me about them is I keep destroying the rubbers. Im gonna make a few backing plates out of an old cutting edge to put behind the rubbers......and or eventually go to a urethane edge.
  4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

What wings did you use? Thanks.....
  5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we have pro wings and they work fine.....we put an extra brace on the hinge pin to the plow rib.
  6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I use pro wings also.
  7. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

How do you guys recomend they should be installed on the poly blade? Did you guys put them on just like you do the steel blade? Where and how did you guys add steel?
  8. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I believe Jay has some great pict's of his mounting set-up. Just check his past posts. I actually just bought a poly plow that had pro wing mounts on it