1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings on poly x blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tpendagast, Nov 16, 2013.

1. tpendagast

tpendagast Member

why wont the fisher quick attach wings work on an x blade with a poly mold board?

They show in the pics it mounts the the x blade frame... what difference does this make what kind of mold board you are using?

Is this just a case where it WILL work and fit, but just isn't listed as an accessory for that particular plow?

I've seen other aftermarket wings (like from northern tool) that say "not for use with poly blades" ...why is that? I can see nothing on them that attaches to the blade itself.

Old school home made jobbies have a support that welds to a metal blade, I get that, but in this case there is no welding point... there is no difference in the frame between an x blade, the only variation is the mold board... so , what gives?
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It could the metal skins offer some structural integrity