1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on or off?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jtrice11, Nov 24, 2005.

1. jtrice11

jtrice11 Junior Member

Do you guys like using the wings on a plow? 8 footer.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

We keep the wings on our plows all the time. The only time they have been off was when we were trying to scrape up some hard pack that had been down for several days.

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Wings on..........almost always. :)

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

on all the time........but i only use them when needed.... i can make them disappear with the touch of a button..... thats the magic of a Blizzard though:D

5. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

"wings"

I can actually plow almost 1/3 as fast as with my MVP's, I have the Western ProPlus with wings, added about 12" to plowing surface.....:cool:

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Used most all the time when plowing, unless I'm just doing a quick touchup or something. But no, I'm not one of those guys that drive around all winter with them on just to show them off. That's just foolish. The extra weight and esPECially wind resistance isn't worth it. It only takes just over a minute to put BOTH of them on per event. And as for an 8 ft. plow having them on all the time, besides being illegal and dangerous, it's just not practicle. you SURE can't fit through a bank drive through with them.

7. little pat

little pat Member

Wings on almost all the time. I take them off only when I'm trying to get up against a curb. They are great but don't hold up well to impacts.

8. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

My wings have been on all summer. Good place to store them without them getting feet. It is now time to take them off so I can get a little Devilish in the snow.

9. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I use them on commercial lots, but always take them off in transit, the plow is 8'6", the extra foot is too dangerous for me to drive with.