1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings On my V Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jschmitz93, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jschmitz93

jschmitz93 Member

The lack of snow has me thinking about maybe putting some wings on my Western Unimount MVP. I was just wondering if there is anyone running a V plow with wings and What are some of the pros and cons of having them. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you...

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have then on my pro plus the western brand they are nice Niver bought them for my 9.6MVP
    On a MVP you can widen ur scoop and hold more snow
    It help on windrowing wont have much trailoff so will be using atleast 90% of ur plow

Cons
    you be 2 foot wider In V plow up the wings wont be that far off the ground
    more cost to the Total replacement of the Edge

3. jschmitz93

jschmitz93 Member

I was wondering if they would drag. I was also concerned that I might not be able to launch the snow when I was clearing...

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I built a set for my MVP last year but I could never get the bracing right and the curbside wing would bend back from the pressure. I'm sure it was the way I was bracing it....
    Obviously the ones from Western will work but I tried making my own to save a few bucks.
    When they were on though, the plow moved an awesome amount of snow.
    Maybe someone who has made homemade ones will post up some pics...

5. jschmitz93

jschmitz93 Member

Hard to justify buying or making any wings right now without any snow...

Western does want a pretty penny for them.

6. Indy

Indy Senior Member

search "alaska boss" he runs v's with wings in Alaska, pretty impressive.

Good luck

7. Antlerart06

If you into Fab work might be time to atleast to have some fun
    Sucks no snow I built set for the ATV scale down from western design and I havent got drop the plow
    I kinda have lay out for wings on my MVP They will more look like the Boss wings
    Next project after my atv rear plow project

8. jschmitz93

jschmitz93 Member

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Those are the buyers wins and I ran them for a few years. They worked great for me. A lot of guys on here have been running them for years. Solid investment for a good increase in producton if you don't want to get the manufacturers oem wings.

10. Antlerart06

They aren t the best but for the price they would help you One thing on them you have to realy watch not hit anything they will bend