1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on atv plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Elwer, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

I am thinking about making me a set of wings for my 60 inch cycle country plow and i am wondering if anyone has made a set of them or if you just think that it would be a waste of time and of steel. I would like to make them so they can be taken off with a pin or two. Any pictures or something close to what im asking would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt

2. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I would like to see it too. I have a Polaris Ranger, and I know it would push the snow with wings on it. It has a 6 foot blade, and has no trouble doing it without any ballast. Of course, it weighs 1600 lbs, compared to much less for an atv.

3. Elwer

Elwer Senior Member

Mine only weighs about 850 pounds and it doesnt have a single problem pushing the 60 inch blade so i figured i might as well give it a try and possible make some more payup a little bit faster!!

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Iv been wondering the same thing. I want to add like 8" wings or so to our 48" blade for the light snows but im not sure how to go about it. They wouldhave to be easily removable because our wolverine doesnt push real well in deep wet snow.

5. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

My ATV plow

I have wings on my 60 plow in front of my arctic cat. It works great. If you want more pictures let me know and i can take a couple closer.

AC.jpg

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like that dually could use a set of wings.

7. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Could you post a couple more pics of the atv wings? If its not too much trouble. Or you can email them to me. Did you make them yourself? Does the blade still trip ok with them?

8. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

I was thinking the same thing, my gator can push a 6' plow with
    12'' of snow no trouble,wesport so why not make it a 7' ?
    I was going to make them out of steel with a rubber edge, and pin-on.
    My shop is the back yard so I will wait till a warmer day :D (-8 wind chill)

9. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Pictures

I will get pictures for you asap. We are supposed to get up to 6 inch tonight and tomorrow so i will try and get them in the next couple of days. I didn't make them they came on the plow when i bought the atv. If you would give me your email i can send you some better bigger pics but its up to you.

10. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

email is nick_lavelle@hotmail.com. I just used my Ranger with the 6 foot plow yesterday, decided it still needs wings.:)