1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on a V-Plow ?? Are they worth it ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eyesell, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I just got a new 8 2 Vee and am thinking of putting wings on it, does anyone have any pictures or opinions on how the wings work on V-Plows in general ??
  2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

I believe Alaskaboss has them on a 9.2 boss V and loves them look up some of his threads for pics!

I have the Boss ones on my 8.2V They are AWESOME!!! One word of caution-It doesn't make sense to but them if you charge by the hour...You won't have much time to charge for:cry:
  4. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

user "cet" has them on his 8'6" MVP western plows... it makes it a HUGE plow when they're on.
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Just raise your price per hour and convince the customer you get the job done faster!
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They are well worth the money. In scoop you can take a lot more. When windroeing they allow you to take a wider pass. They may be better if you take the trailing wing off but I just leave mine on.

I charge 1.5 X my time for the v + wings.... I think I still lose out on that one though!
  8. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member