1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on a Sport Duty Boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by devil_dog_1984, Dec 12, 2008.

1. devil_dog_1984

devil_dog_1984 Junior Member

Can it be done? I have a 05 Ford F-150 4x4 with 3750lbs for front end.

2. themechanic43

themechanic43 Junior Member

We did it once, but I wouldn't recommend it. The customer was commercial plowing @ the local mall with a first generation Tundra, and said we could do whatever it takes to install them. well. the moldboard had to come off (the poly part) so we could weld the brackets to the structure, and the poly cutting edges had to be cut in half or it is too tall. The best thing would be to upgrade to a 7.5 STB,STD duty with timbrens. On the truck end, only the pushbeam would need to be changed.

3. devil_dog_1984

devil_dog_1984 Junior Member

Thank You for the info. So I would have to buy a new blade and beef up the front end to get wings?

4. themechanic43

themechanic43 Junior Member

That would be my suggestion. Like I said, we did it once, but it was ugly. Maybe your dealer would work out a trade for you. As far as beefing up the suspension, the Timbrens work good on that model. They are a little more work to install, as the strut has to be disassembled and a HD jounce bumper is installed, but your ride is normal without the plow installed.