1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings On a Poly

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wheelmanm80, Sep 9, 2008.

1. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

I have a 7.5 foot meyers poly blade and want to add wings is this possible or should i look into some alternate way?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

wing's

depends on how bad you want them ,they are not designed for poly plow's because of the lack of bracing in the mold board at the attaching point's ,if you want them bad enough add bracing to the backside of the mould board to take the extra thrust force's at the 1" pin attaching point and the outside hinge point's .

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a thread on this subject from just last week: Wings & poly

4. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

thanks for the info the previous post was helpful as well. i just joined today as im sure you could see. i have read some very helpful information and ideas i wouldn;'t have even thought of and i've been at this since before it was legal to drive. once again thanks

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:waving: Welcome aboard wheelman. Thats what were all here for.

Well, most of us anyway. :D