1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on a ploy? yea or ney?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Moosehunter, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Howdy All....

Just wondering if it's possible to put some type of wing on a Western Ploy Pro? Seems some models require a rather large hole be drilled in the blade. I don't know if I really want to do that.

If wings on my plow are possible.... What would you recommend?

Thanks......

Dan

2. sos

sos Member
    from NE Ohio

Dan - Hit up the search box. There was a thread or two about this same subject not to long ago. You could put wings on a poly plow IF you reinforce the back of the blade where it mounts. That's my .02 :nod:

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Wings on a poly

:nod: Hi all,

I've got pro wings on a 7.5 meyer poly. I welded the hinge brackets to the metal framing rather than bolting them to the poly moldboard. 1 1/8" hole through poly moldboard is no problem. Wings come with a 6" by 6" steel backer for the 1 1/8" hole. They work great, no problems so far. Huge time saver. Highly recommend.