1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on a MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sonicblue2003, Nov 21, 2006.

1. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

I know this subject has been brought up before...but I am considering wings for my 8 1/2 MVP and would like some insight as to the effectiveness and ease of installation on the go, from current users.
    Or could someone post pics of theirs so I can fab some up.:blush2:
    I have lots that are close to 1/8 mile long and they want the snow brought to the back.(pain)
    Short of piling all over the place and using the skid steer and dump truck to move it, I thought it would be easier to just keep pushing it back there with the truck.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

3. plowin101

plowin101 Junior Member
    from ohio

I just installed a set of western wings on my 9-6 MVP, they are easy on and off with one pin, but they are heavy. I havent got to plow anything with them yet, but with the angle they are set on they will contain more snow that most trucks will want to push.

Ryan

4. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

Thats what I'm thinking as well but I work by the hour...Not smart on my part but I have a lot of ground to cover in a short time.