1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings on a fisher minute mount?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RM&M, Sep 25, 2010.

1. RM&M

RM&M Member
    from ERIE

Hey guys. ive been looking into these buyers wings universal mounts for straight blades.

someone suggested i get them said i would cut my time way down on bigger lots.
    my question is i have a fisher minute mount 7.5ft. would these buyers universals work on it?
    and do they really improve your plowing time by like 50%. I am waiting on a couple bids back but i have been thinking about the one and it is quite long and all the snow has to go to the back of the lot, so ive been brain storming if these would be benificial to me?

any guys with experiance with these please let me know what you think. thanksussmileyflag

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

yes they work, more like 20% time saved, search ProWings and you'll find plenty of info.

3. RM&M

RM&M Member
    from ERIE

i just read the 50% thing off the sites that sell them on the net. i guess what i am trying to figure out is if they make it more like a box pusher sort of because of the shape of them. and you would get a lot less roll off, or windrow as they call it? am i right in thinking this. just wondering cause some of the straight pushes on this lot are a couple hundred feet long and im trying to figure if these "wings" would save me time and would they be worth the 250dollar investment?

thanks for the reply Grn Mtn

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

$250 is such little money invested compared to the return, its a no-brainer. the wings help focus the snow toward the middle of the plow, but on a 200' run your still going to have spillage, heck you still get spillage with boxes. the angle is only like 30* or 16* can't remember so its not like a 90* angle of push box.

just get them, and when the snow flies, you'll see why.

click the link in my signature line, in the collage is a pict of my wings i made a mod to.
    seriously use the search function on this site for "ProWings" and you'll get all the supporting info you need, really.

5. RM&M

RM&M Member
    from ERIE

thanks again Grn Mtn i am thinking its a deff good investment. thanks for the advice

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

RM&M go talk to Jerre about a set of his wings. The Pro wings help but like stated before its only like 20-25% I think they need to have a more aggressive angel to them. Jerre's are just that, plus his edges are made of poly, not rubber.

7. RM&M

RM&M Member
    from ERIE

how much do they run up at jerres? the ones online are like 200 bucks. i would spend more if they are that much better. and what kind are they or are they something he makes himself?

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I think they are called "danger wings" They have a more aggressive angel to them and yes he fabs them up there. The last time I saw them I think they were 400ish but built a lot better than Pro wings but both will work. The Pro wings will eventually get all bent up and the rubber doesn't scrap very well. I've seen a lot of guys put a poly edge on Pro wings too, Jerre can def. do that.

9. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

Either way they are well well worth it. If you've plowed before and not used them, you won't believe the difference. Very important however, get an extra set of plow markers or the exra width will cause you trouble with damage either to the grounds or your plow. Very important !