1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on a Fisher EZ-V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by carcrz, Dec 12, 2006.

1. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Can you do it w/o hurting anything? I was thinking about doing it because I have a couple big parking lots that it could mean the difference of an hour or so. Also, any recommendations on brands that will fit & won't break on the first go around? I will only be using them on the big lots, no curbs.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I just saw a set that Fisher makes for the V blades, they look very "beafy" I would think those would last for quite a while.

3. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

You have a link to them? I can't seem to find them online anywhere.

4. Brian Young

I never saw it on their site, I don't think they have any pics for them. I saw a set at our Fisher dealer. The one guy said they were around 500 bucks.

5. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Wowza. That seems high to me, but I haven't ever looked on prices on them. Is that the price I should be expecting for a quality set? If anyone has a picture I might be able to just make a set that'd work just as good & cost me WAY less.

6. Brian Young

Well, we had Pro Wings on our old Meyers and they were bent up and the rubber bottoms were orn pretty well, all within a year of light plowing. They ran just over 200 bucks and these other Fisher ones are ten times the wing.

7. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Okay then. Fisher it is.

8. Brian Young

Just one of these things probably weighs about 25-35lbs and the "rubber" cutting edge is not rubber its some type of a poly material and about 2" thick.

9. Brian Young

Just one of these things probably weighs about 25-35lbs and the "rubber" cutting edge is not rubber its some type of a poly material and about 2" thick. Only drawback for me is they are only yellow, I have the Extreme V and this plow in some of our lots barley fit in places when in scoop.

10. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I would only be using it on my large parking lots that are wide open. Those things are heavy!

11. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Beating up ProWings is driver error, Look at the pictures I posted of mine after a year of plowing.
    http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17056&d=1159126273

Heavy yes, but well engineered to take some punishment, can't have both.

Factory options are always going to be more expensive, but they also fit nice and quick, the ProWings are great and I love them, but you have to heavily factor in the price-they are cheap, so they will bend more easily and they don't fit as well.

12. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I saw the other diagram that you posted. I think I'm going to go to the metal supplier & see about getting some supplies to just make them. If all goes wrong, I can always go back & buy some.

13. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm jealous of all who can weld:bluebounc lucky I have a good friend that can do it for me. just remember your going to want to get your wings powdercoated or keep some good paint handy for touch ups.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll like what ever you come up with.