1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings on a 9 footer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Robber80, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

i was just wondering if people ever put wings on a 9 footer for bigger parking lots, and then take the wings off for driving down the road. i know wings on a 9footer would be WIDE. but i wanted to know if people ever do take them off after big lots.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

You talking about Pro-Wings? Thay can help when you are windrowing snow because you can take bigger bites without it leaking past end of plow

3. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

yes pro wings, i was thinking of mounting them to a 9 foot fisher, but was concerned about drivign down the road width wise. i've plowed with wings and with out, and wings deffenetly make clean up easier.

4. Tarkus

Pro wings come on and off easily. I would remove them durring transporting as 9 feet is hard enough to get down the road some of the times.

5. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

cool thats what i was wondering. i guess my question was how hard is it to get the wings off and on. i know its a couple pins, but being that some stuff gets harder to take apart after use i wasn't sure if it would be a pain to remove them.

6. Tarkus

They are pretty straight forward and as long as they are not mangled or frozen, it should not be a problem.