1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings on a 8' 6'' HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by john95chevy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. john95chevy

john95chevy Junior Member

i just got done revamping my 8' 6'' HD it is sporting a set of fisher wings slightly modified with a fresh paint job and even a new sticker.

let me know what you guys think of the wings. i think they are a much better setup than the "Pro Wings" which i have used in the past

PB060140.jpg

PB060141.JPG

PB060142.JPG

PB060143.jpg

2. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Looks awesome! Great job

3. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

Looks good. Have you a chance to try them yet? Details on the install??

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Those are Fisher wings? XV wings?

5. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

Hmm...I just bought a set of Pro Wings myself. How hard is this to do? I have a 7.5 RD I would like to get "winged"...

6. john95chevy

john95chevy Junior Member

havent got a chance to plow with them yet but a buddie of mine has the same set up on a pro plus western and loves it.

the wings are for the extream v

the install wasent too bad. about 4 hours to line it up drill the holes weld on the new brakets and cut some of the mounting tab off the wing.

they still come off with one pin.

7. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Nice fab work!!

I'll be interested in a follow up report after you get to plow with them some. Like was already stated, more details and pics of the install/bracketry would be greatly appreciated.