1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings on 9'2 for driveways?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by allagashpm, Aug 31, 2014.

1. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Hey everyone..I have a lot of driveways that are curvy and have a problem with the rear tire pushing snow back into what I just plowed. I don't know if it is me being anal but I hate this and try to clean it but it just always happens. Would wings on a 9.2 vxt help with this? Or would I still have the problem just not as pronounced? I don't want to spend 800 on the wings and still be dealing with it. Just looking for anyone that has used them on driveways or cul de sacs and what their results were. Thanks
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm guessing wings on a 9'2" would cause a lot of sod damage among other things
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Anytime you plow in a radius with a truck, your back tires drive thru the snow - I don't know that even a 11' plow would get you wide enough to stop that from happening - at some point, a wide enough plow would prevent it.

The easier thing is just a simple back blade. It'll carry that snow you just ran over. It makes doing the inner radius of a cul de sac a breeze.
  4. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I plow dways with a srw f350 and xls fisher. I love it at 10ft. Circles you sometimes still drive over the snow.
  5. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Thank you for the info that's what I needed to know. I hadn't considered a back blade I don't think I have seen anyone with one around here. Seems as though the wings are best suited for parking lots then.
  6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

My wings are great for parking lots and large wide drives. But most average size drive's - I will remove my wings and toss them in the bed of my truck.

There so easy to put on and take off.