1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings on 9' Straight Super Duty??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bullettooth81, Oct 5, 2009.

1. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

I might be doing some large flat open parking lots and was wondering if anyone had tried Pro-Wings on their 9' straight plow? Eventhough most Pro-Wing sites advise against it.

THANK YOU!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mount them up and go. You'll have no more or less issues with them on a 9' than any other sized plow. :nod:

3. bullettooth81

What are the best/affordable wings out there? Any recommendations?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No way to have the best and be affordable (ie cheap) when talking wings. Has to be one or the other.

Affordable = Pro Wings
    The best = Genuine Boss wings.

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Pro Wings SUCK!!!

Get the boss wings. You can take them off with out any tools. Its nice for windrowing or traveling from place to place.

J.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Most of the time its advised not to do it b/c of legal issues. You're pretty wide going down the road as it is with 9', now add another foot and a half. I mean, I think its stupid, but that's why.

7. bullettooth81

What sucks about the Pro-Wings?

8. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

they are cheaply made, u get what u pay for. they are no where as easy to take off as the boss wings. believe me i wish i had a boss just for the wings they are the best wings around.

9. bullettooth81

The price is about 4 times as much for the Boss Wings. Does anyone have a good place to buy them?

10. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

u also wont be buying a set every year either.

11. bullettooth81

That's very true. I'm all about quality products. And you DO get what you pay for.

12. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

yes you do. id rather buy something that works properly and lasts and hopefully made in the usa then something thats a 1/4 of the price that kinda works thats made in china

13. bullettooth81

So who's got the best place to buy the Boss Wings? I've found them in the $800 range, but does anyone else have them cheaper?

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah the brand specific wings are unmatched, but there's nothing wrong with pro wings. They do the job and will last just as long as your plow. Whoopdy doo, so you have to put new rubber edges on every couple of years. Any wings are better than no wings.

15. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

They are worth the money. As someone said it is a one time buy. If you think it will make you more money, then buy them it will be worth it. CPW ( a sponsor here) has them for $735 and Ebay has them for $710. You might be able to find a used set off Ebay, or try calling your dealer on prices.

16. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Boss wings will add 2ft to the over all width of your plow. They are also easy to install (No welding) they are removable by pulling a pin/lever, twisting the wing back then pulling. (reverse the steps to install)

Boss wings will also trip when you hit something. Prowings don't they bend and break. They are also a simpler design than buying a blizzard type plow, no extra wiring, no extra hydrolics, no extra headache. Nice and Simple

Boss wings are expensive, @ $700 to $800 for a set, but the pure volume of snow that they will allow you to push is priceless.

I have a set on all 5 of my Boss plows.

J.

17. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

On a side note.

The Boss wings will fit on a Western MVP.

J.

18. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

We have switched over to the new Boss Wings with purchasing new Boss Plows and absolutely love them. Even though I have always liked our "Sno-Wing" brand of wings over their cheaper competitor "Pro-Wings", we feel the extra money is well spent in quality. BTW, my local dealer sells the Boss Wings for $715/pair, and the "Sno-Wings" for $360/pair.

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a Fisher 9' conventional mount blade. Will Pro-Wings fit?

20. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Pro wings will fit the fisher. The sno-wings won't because of your trip edge and how the Sno-wings mount. Boss wings might, but might not fit the blade curve of the fisher. Western wings might as well.

I had a set of Sno-wings on my old snow way 22 series. It worked great, but there wasn't any give to them other than thier rubber edges. Those Sno-wings made my 05 frontier push like a damm Bulldozer. I did however break an A frame a time or 2. lol I have since moved on to an 06 f150 with a 7.5 Boss poly with wings.

For the record, Sno-wings and a Snoway 22 series are not meant to go together. The 22 series is built way to light to handle them. I needed to push more snow and push that plow a bit to hard. Now we have all boss plows and one new buyers and we don't have problems anymore.

J.