1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings Move TOO Easy- Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by H&HPropertyMait, Jan 19, 2012.

1. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Hey guys, dumb question for ya. We have a brand new 9'2" vxt and it trips WAY too easily in scoop mode, but trips normally in straight... What do I need to do?! Also the wing pressure needs to be increades as the wings dont like staying in scoop mode. Where is the valve for that?

Thanks Fellas.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Let me start by saying I know nothing about Boss plows.

But I would guess the reliefs for the wings are the issue. Since it is a new plow I would recommend taking it ti the dealer but if you want to mess with it I would start with the reliefs.

I found this on Boss's site.

http://www.bossplow.com/content/servicecenter/documents/hydraulic_operation_v_blade.pdf

Hope it helps.

3. H&HPropertyMait

Thanks for that! Yeah I might tinker with it but the dealer is 5 minutes I'll swing by if I can't figure it out.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You are as bad as I am. My new Fisher had a leaking ram seal, asked the dealer just to give me the parts and I will fix it. :mechanic:

5. H&HPropertyMait

Haha hey ya learn better that way

6. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I have the same problem, but my dealer is almost an hour away. I hope somebody has an answer. I read the trouble shooting guide, but would prefer to set the relief valves myself, if I could get the specs.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

8. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

I would say if it trips while in the scoop mode when up, it could just bee that the 4 springs at the bottom need tightened

9. H&HPropertyMait

It's brand spankin new though, I'd hope they would have them taught from the factory

10. bossman34

bossman34 Member

The factory didnt set up the plow or install it. The spring tention needs to be done after your blade is leveled on your truck. Then you tighten the springs basically until you can slide a piece of paper between the coils. Who ever installed it on your truck should have done that. I set mine up this way and trips normally.

11. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

you need to tighten them after you have the plow on the truck

12. H&HPropertyMait

Sounds good I will get on that! Thanks

13. H&HPropertyMait

Awesome thank you

14. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

let us know if it fixes your problem:mechanic:

15. H&HPropertyMait

Will do. If we ever get snow again...

16. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

I hear you on the snow

17. H&HPropertyMait

I'm in lawn mode now.

18. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

The business card gap on the trip springs wasn't enough for mine. I have about 3 or 4 card gap now and it's better but it will always trip easily in scoop mode ... nature of the full trip design.