1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings, how do I?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Feb 2, 2007.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I put my wings on today, but had to move the marker sticks to the wings. I need to keep markers on my plow as well. I wont be able to use the wings on any on my driveways and dont want to risk hitting something. Does anyone know how I can keep them on my plow as well? The top bracket seems to be in the way.

2. payton

payton Senior Member

use a small piece of L channel.

mount them to the top corner of your plow.

3. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

What kind of wings do you have? here is a pic of mine. works great!

plw.jpg

4. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I never ended up putting mine back on my plow because I'm used to where the edges are, but I suppose you could mount L brackets as mentioned earlier on top of the corner brackets for the wings so that the marker would be close to wher it originally was. Other than that, how was the install? hope everything went well and that you get to use them soon!!! =o) chuck

5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

They will fit on the plow inbetween the wing bracket and the top of the plow. You will have to drill new holes. I used a ' tap ' (threaded it) and bolted them right in because it was hard to put the nuts on. They look really good there. I can possibly take a photo but its below ZERO right now so maybe later. Good luckP.S After you use those wings, you will never plow without em (unless you plow by the hour!!)

6. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

LOL. I know a lot of guys that plow by the hour with these things, they still love em because now they don't have to move as fast hehe.

7. DaySpring Services

Well, I ended up using the L bracket method. I love the wings and the save alot of time. My only complaint is the plow struggles to lift it with any snow. In fact, sometimes it wont lift it at all. Can I crank the lift pressure up at all?

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your plow won't lift?
    Are you up against a pile or a curb?

9. DaySpring Services

When im piling, it really seems to struggle with the wings

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

when do you start to raise the plow?

I start to raise my plow before I get into the pile then the plow rides right on up it.