1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings how did I do this without them?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jpunlimited, Feb 21, 2005.

1. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I only have a 2 meter plow so I added wings for the long runs in the storage facilitys. the snow was wet and I droped it in low. they cut my per aisle passes from 6 to 3. and that is down to black top.

Plow Wing 005.jpg

Plow Wing 006.jpg

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

So, I guessing your saying that $165 + freight for pro-wings is a worth while investment? I have them on 3 trucks now. I can't see plowing without them, but there are still doubters out there, people who don't believe that wider is better and canting 20 degrees in on the ends lets you move more snow faster (Blizzard 810 plow concept). If you want to make more money per hour - buy yourself pro-wings......period..... payup payup

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  3. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Where did you get the wings from ? I have a western 6'6" plow that is for sport utlities its curve is not like most blades it is straighter at the bottom more curve at top I wonder if wings will work on it. Here is a picture does not show to good an angle of what I mean.

plow.jpg

4. rg123g

rg123g Junior Member
    from MASS

The wings look great

Where are you located on the Cape I live in South Plymouth. If you ever need some extra help please shoot me an e-mail. I have a Chevy 1500
    7.5 Meyer. I also my look into getting the wings for my plow. They look great on your jeep. Where did you get them? and if you don't me asking roughly how much do they cost?

Rg123G

5. JMR

JMR Senior Member

6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

How do the pro wings mount on the moldboard, do you have to drill holes in it cuz i think i would have trouble doing that to a new plow.

7. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I had to get over it...

I bought them used off e-bay. they are welded on by me with alot of help from JMR and fernaldude. they are not ment to go on my blade but I bet they would bolt on to yours. the curve on the small meyer causes some small fabrication problems. so I bit it and cut, ground, drilled and welded them on. on the last storm about an inch per hour for six hours I saved a 1/2 the time. I do not use them on the first pass. I ran my pattern on the first pass and them put them on. it was like night and day... no trail off. no more endless passed chasing the lines. instead I had to put it in low to move the huge pile of snow in front of me.

8. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

check pm

hey jp mine got mounted the other day could not wait anymore will post some pics in a few hours got to go out soon got bills to get out but will post them soon. I did not do all the fab stuff but just tryed them out on the old plow :waving:

9. fernalddude

with and without

ok guys one with and one without wings what do you guys think

front wing.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  10. fernalddude

back view

ok from the back

back wing.jpg

11. fernalddude

just fun

ok got one more pic just for fun

blank wing.jpg

12. fernalddude

drivers

ok just some of the kids and me they all drive for me with my trucks but it was a good day :waving: payup

drivers.jpg

13. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Two very nice setups fernaldude. How do those Bronco II's handle the deep stuff when you're pushing?? Always seemed a little light to me. The sanders on the back are a sweet addition as well.

14. fernalddude

one more

had to put this one on again but she will kill me :angel:

snow queen on plow.jpg

15. fernalddude

b2's

they are great i can carry 2000lbs of weight i carry 50 gal tanks with liquid mag or cal plus 900 lbs of dry chemicals the are plowing machines lots of extras inculded but you dont see them they look just like small plows but thats my edge i can run thru 17 inchs with no prob ......i just kill people with what they can do :gunsfiring: