1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings for western pro

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by forest32buck, Oct 23, 2012.

1. forest32buck

forest32buck Junior Member
    from ohio

I built 6 inch wings for my western pro plow last winter and they work great. I was thinking about making up a few more sets and selling them, but i thought id check with the forum here and see if you all thought there is enough interest in them. I modeled them off of the wings for the pro plus plows. and they beat the pants off the buyers wings. What do you guys think. I think i could sell them for about $400 per set.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Got a pic showing the front view? I've been thinking about trying to make myself something similar but haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you need someone to "test" the design for you, I might know somebody... ;)
  3. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn Senior Member

Those look real nice, how much time have you put on those ?
  4. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Hey mark, if you get some bring them over so i can check them out....like some in ct too.
  5. forest32buck

from ohio

Ive got about 8 hours into fabrication. I'll try to get a front picture to post also
  6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Them rubber parts wont hold snow very long Need buy 1 1/2 thick rubber will not fold back

Nice job They look just like my Pro wings on my Pro plus western
  7. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

After looking at your pics a couple of hundred times, I have to ask how strong these wings are? Do they flex at all when pushing a full blade of snow? I wouldn't think that those outer blade ribs could handle a whole lot of stress
  8. jrtcbmw

jrtcbmw Member

Might be interested. have to see if i can get a contact this year. lost mine earlier this month.
  9. forest32buck

from ohio

I only have 1 winter on them, but they were good all last year. I never noticed any bending or issues. They are only 6 inches wide so I think that helps. If i tried to go wider I think it would have strength issues.

but if any one's interested let me know. Not sure what they'de cost to ship, but my experience vs. buyers pro wings. they have been well worth it
  10. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

If they are made from 1/4 material then there should be no bending. Same thickness the name brands are made from and those are wider.
    Looks good. Simple strong and clean. I would have to agree to add a thicker piece of rubber for cutting edge. After that let em rip!!!!

11. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

hello there. Looking at your pics I like what Im seeing. I like the western wings as they match the plow. The buyer wings work better and give you more plowing when added to the plow. If you could extend the western wings to say 12" then it would be perfect. I usually buy 8ft plows and put the buyer wings on them to be able to cover more ground. I bought the pro plus plow because it was a good deal and i wanted to use the western wings, well after finfing out it only extends the plow 6" i was discouraged to say the least and the price was crazy!! I hate drilling a big ol nasty hole in a abrand new plow but its looking thats where we have to go with it.......let me know if extending them to 12" would be an option if so i would l;ike to start with a pair and if they work good another pair for the other plow. thanks.
  12. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

hey OP, anychance you can post some contact info, interested in getting with you about a set, need them pretty fast, let me know what your thinking
  13. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I ended up buying a set of westerns pro wings......they are nice.

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

I just mounted boss wings on my WESTERN UNIMOUNT 7.6 NOW 9.6 PIC IS IN MY AVATAR they almost match up perfectly and blow the western wing out of the water plus strength
  15. forest32buck

from ohio

ACA , sorry i couldn't reply sooner. glad you got some wings that are working nice for you though
  16. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Did you come up with a price? And how do the wings back drag?
  17. code3corey

code3corey Junior Member

i would be interested in a set of these could you give me a call i have a 8 1/2 ft western pro plow 419-866-1201
  18. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Are you still making the wings? How are they holding up from the last time you posted?