1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings for Western HTS?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pohouse, Aug 10, 2010.

1. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Looking at buying a Western HTS for my 03 Sierra 1500 Z71. I have several hotels and some small commercial lots. I talked to the Western dealer here and he said they are great plows and sold many of them last year. I've done the research. Just wondering from users....Will the HTS handle light commercial use? Has anyone mounted wings on them? Is anyone using one for commercial use. My other choice is the Western Pro 7'6. A little heavier. Thanks for any input.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Light commercial use with several hotels and some small comercial use? Sounds to me like thats all comercial use, I would go with the western pro if I was writing the check.
  3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you can just put pro wings on it if you want. Like with all 1/2 tons plow with the storm and you will be fine.
  4. uptowntodd

uptowntodd Junior Member

wings on hts

I have the western hts plow on my 2011 jeep wrangle, it works well. I wouldn't recommend adding wings, the blade is to light i would be concerned you may bend the blade if you bump into a curb or hit a crack. The blade does hold up pretty well. If you have a half ton i would recommend the blizzard speedwing plow. We have several speedwings and they are great! Hold up very well under all conditions. We have two currently and love them both.
  5. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Old thread alert! BTW, I did not go with the HTS. Awesome plow, but I needed something a little more robust. Thanks.