1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings for wester pro

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PerfiCut L&L, Dec 28, 2005.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Whats a good after market wing to put on an 8' Western Pro?

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Pro wings work really well.

3. PerfiCut L&L

Pro wings are only for the Pro Plus model.

I called the local dealer and they said the pro plus wings will not fit the Pro model. Recommended checking with northerntools.com

4. Ian

Ian Member

The western pro plus wings that are made to fit the western pro plus blade are not the same as the aftermarket Buyers Pro Wings. The wings that most people are refering to are the Buyers Pro Wings from Northerntool and many other suppliers. They will fit almost any snow plow.

5. PerfiCut L&L

OK thats what I was looking for. Didnt realise what he was referring to, my mistake.

Are these so called after market Pro Wings all the same and who all sells them other than Northern Tools.

Who is using them and how effective are they?

6. Ian

Ian Member

One of the sponsoring companies has them. CPW (Central parts warehouse). Click on their logo at the top of the page. I think they are under accessories. They are the same as the ones from northerntool.

I bought mine through northern. The best thing I ever did to improve plowing. They are a bargain at twice the price.

The only problem is you need a large drill bit and drill to install them or somebody with a torch or plasma cutter.

Ian

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  8. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

power scoop are a good one

9. PerfiCut L&L

I found this image on a search here
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know, is the PRO PLUS blade the same height as the PRO?
    If so, do you think a few holes drilled in the end, and a fabricated bracket welded to the back of the blade for the pin hold would allow use of these wings?

10. salopez

salopez Senior Member

the pro plus blade is taller. I believe them to be 32.5 inches. I will say that the pro plus wing would probabl bend a pro plow in half. There is alot of bracing on the pro plus that is not on the pro plow. If you want you can come out and see how my pro plus is set up and figure a way to make them work. also the buyers pro wings are about 190 bucks and the western pro plus wings are about 400.

11. Ian

Ian Member

Man, those pro plus wings from western sure look sturdy! I got wing envy.

12. PerfiCut L&L

I think the local western dealer here is selling the pro plus wings for 240. Not bad for a strong set of wings.

If the blade has the same curvature but is a little shorter than the pro plus I would thing the wings might fit.

Perhaps I will stop out and take a look at a set in person.

Where about are you located salopez?

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I love my pro-wings (Buyers Product), they shave close to 40% off my old route time. A lot that used to take 60 minutes I can easily do in less than 40minutes now. It's also all about how you use them, they take a little getting used to, but after a couple seasons, you can really get the hang of it and move some serious snow.

I used a 1" hole saw for the big pin, it worked very well, still havent gotten around to welding on the backing plates though....:dizzy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I keep my plow in Woodbine, Right out rt 70 shoot me a pm and we can meet up.

15. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

I'm located in Gambrills right of of rt 3 south near waugh chapel road just had the wings and plow install on the truck wednesday. it out front of my house you are welcome to stop by anything