1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings for the VX plows

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by oldmankent, Mar 1, 2011.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I was asking about prices on a VX plow last week. Dealer said that the wings were currently not available. Guess they are having some trouble with them and need to redo them a bit. Is there any truth to that? Also, I'm wondering if I use the plow quite a bit with the wings off, and then put them on will I have issues with cutting edge wear? Will the wings want to scrape before the main blade gets down enough? Is it possible to get the wing edges with an adjustable hole in them for this?

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

No problems with them, just slow to make them. They fell behind other projects and were delayed. I believe we have shipped, but sometimes it takes a while for the dealers to be made aware.

The wings have rubber edges, so if, worst case, you plowed for half a season without them, the rubber edges would catch up pretty quickly. I don't think it would be a big problem

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Another words your distributors are not getting info to the sub dealers. I have heard of issues of this. A true distributor ship and dealers will give the better service the plowers expect. Only problem is there is only one or two mfgs that have true distributorships, which is becoming a factor on choosing my next plow.