1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings for the ATV

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by farmerkev, Jan 7, 2016.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Well with the lack of snow here Ive been pretty bored and needed a project. figured Id build some wings for my ATV plow. Had most of the material laying around so they were pretty cheap to make. Hopefully they hold up ok.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Nice job.....

I did a set a couple years for another PS Member that had a 48" blade and patterned them after Buyers ProWings.

3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I was 50/50 on what way to do them. I had this idea figured out in my head first so I went with it nothing perfect but they seem pretty solid.

4. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

looks good, does it stop the plow from tripping?
    I may make some for mine but out of plastic 55 gallon drum skins with a metal frame behind like yours

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

nice work!

can you post up a pic of how you mounted them on the back side of the plow!

thanks and let us know how they work when/if you get snow again this winter!

6. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Nope, still trips just the same as before.

I will grab a picture next time I'm out by it! They definitely allow the plow to carry more snow, however I hit a curb pretty hard with one and bent it a little bit. going to have to find a way to tie them into the blade closer to the ground if I want to strengthen them up.