1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings for BOSS superduty??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by CAT MAN, Dec 9, 2008.

1. CAT MAN

CAT MAN Member
    from county

I got BOSS superduty 8ft6inch plow and was wondering if i should get the wings for it?? ive never used them at all this year is my first year plowing in a pickup been using our side steer to plow the huge development we plow with my dad and i was just wondering if the wings are worth it???

2. duluthplower

duluthplower Junior Member

More blade width is always worth it if you have large lots. JMO

3. CAT MAN

CAT MAN Member
    from county

So it should be good for me cause we plow like i said a very big housing development and driveways.. Thanks for your fast reply plower

4. sherwin

sherwin Member

Yes they are worth it. Plus the Boss wings go on and off in 10 sec. so it's not a pain to take them off.

5. CAT MAN

CAT MAN Member
    from county

anyone have an idea how much they will be?? Im going to see about them today and was just wondering what the damages would be?

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

around here they usually run around 6 bills... there's been some in the classified forum for sale used.

7. CAT MAN

CAT MAN Member
    from county

do you mean $600 if so thats a little much i was thinking around $200-250???

8. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Cheapest shipped to my door i can find is $765.00

9. CAT MAN

CAT MAN Member
    from county

well i went down to the BOSS dealer and there $599 might aswell just say $600bucks little more then i thought but i went ahead and got them cant wait for the snow tomorrow..

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah real bolt on ones are about that much, $200 ones probably will get knocked off pretty fast

11. CAT MAN

CAT MAN Member
    from county

Thanks for your help guys, there on the truck now, but it is only freezzing rain now supose to snow tonight so i might try it out on the driveway and finsh with the snowblower on the JD..