1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings for an older myer

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Greenery, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, i'm looking to add a set of wings to an older 7.5 footer that i'm setting up for a skidsteer. Problem is i'm not sure if the pro wings will work on it. Does anyone know if they will or maybe somthing else I should look into.

2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I had pro-wings on my Meyer 7.6 actually both of them one I welded the mounts on and the other they were bolted on but you have to get long bolts b/c the moldboard bracing is right where the hole needs to be. I will say they saved me time but I don't have a straight set left. Got to close to curbs and they bend easy.

3. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the feedback. So it sounds like you can mount them but they bend easily. Is it bending the wings, mounts or the plow?

4. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

the wings them self, the bracing on the back of the wings buckle under a good amount of pressure.( you can bend them back pretty close to normal) But what you pay for a set I think they are worth the money. I also had these when I first started plowing so I wasn't very good a judging where things where.

5. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

yah they work really well . But if you can spare some extra dough they make a set of meyer fixed wings for around $450 buck verses 185/200 bucks for the other wings find out from you dealer if they have them and most of all see if they can be mounted to you plow. either way the will work well prsport

6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Just put a set of pro-wings on an older C8.5 today

7. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Mind if I ask where you got them and about what they cost? The plow support here in town is so-so at best, so I generally end up heading to the city now for stuff anyway.

8. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I picked them up in the US, with the dollar the way it is and the Canadian prices...
    Cost me 225 usd+tx, exchange is excellent right now (maybe an extra $10), 13% tax at the border, grand total of about $275.00 Probibally going down again this week, might pick up an extra set...
    Cheapest I have seen them in Canada is $375, and as high as $499 - yep just for the cheapie pro wings.