1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings for a Drive Pro???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by WheelerandSon, Nov 5, 2013.

1. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

I am new to Meyer. Have owned Westerns for years, but found a good deal on a newer Drive Pro for my 06 Colorado. Didn't know if anybody knew of a manufacturer that made wings for that small of a plow. Didn't know if I was just going to have to have somebody fab some up for me.

Any input would be great.

Ryan

2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Subbed, would like to know aswell

3. snowrangler

snowrangler Junior Member

I had a drive pro 6.8" and have switched to a 7.5 due to the fact I could not get any type of wings to fit the shorter highth of the drive pro including pw22 pro wings and Meyer told me they dont make or recomend any wings for a drive pro.It sounds like it would have to be a custom mfg.job.

4. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

You could always upgrade to the 7.6 drive pro moldboard made for the smaller drive pro a frame, (its also a good bit taller). I have both the drive pro 6.8 and drive pro 7.6 on jeeps, and they are both fantastic. the 7.6 would be a direct bolt on!!

5. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

I wish someone could answer this question as well. Meyer makes some nice wings that look like they just bolt up to the lot pro. I'd really like to know if the moldboards are the same and would bolt up?

6. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I know the 7.5DP is taller than the 6'8" but im pretty sure its not as tall as the lot pro. It would take some Fabbing but im sure you could make it work. Id like to get some for my 6'8 but its just too short

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Meyer also said you shouldn't put wings on a poly plow too, but many people have done it including me.
    I built a set of scaled down PW22 Pro Wings for a plow on a Walker mower for a friend, same basic principal and functionality. I did a mock up using cardboard for the size/shape of the wing and the two mounts on the outer edge of the plow, once I got things dialed in I traced everything on to the steel sheet, cut with a torch and ground the edges smooth/to size. From start to finish it took about 2hrs to build the set and about an hour to install. He used some 1/2" conveyor belt for the rubber edges ( Ithink), if you built a set I'd just buy the replacement rubber edge, they're about $30.00.

ww1.jpg

ww2.jpg

ww3.jpg

8. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

So what you guys are saying the PW22 wont fit on 6'8 moldboard? I have a Meyer Drive Pro 6'8 also and want to get wings instead of playing $1000 plus to switch out the moldboard.

9. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

This is correct, the moldboard is too short. I can dig up a thread where a fella told me how to make a set and many pictures if you'd like

10. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

Yeah that would be great

11. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I have looked for 2 days and can't find it. I'm sorry. They didn't curve one big piece of steel, they traced the end of the plow and made 2 for each side and then connected them together with 3 or 4 pieces of cut steel like a puzzle. Then attach some thick rubber to the bottom. Sounds easy, but needless to say I never made a set for myself