1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings for a 7.5' standard duty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by btheld, Aug 12, 2008.

1. btheld

btheld Junior Member

Does anyone have experience with the 22" wings from Boss? They are expensive, but do they work well? How about any after-market options? Should I be looking at adding springs?
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

3. btheld

btheld Junior Member

I meant add springs so the extra width does not cause the plow to trip easier.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

On my boss there is no room to add any trip springs.

If you need to you can just tighten them a little at a time until it is to your liking.

You probably will need to tighten them just a little.
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Hey I just added a set of Boss Wings on a 7-6'' super duty. I found them used for $350 and they are in very good shape, I did run into two snags, my plow has a box beam welded into the back of the curve of the mold board (side to side) for support during heavy use and the bracket that come with a boss wing set need to be cut down and welded not bolted to the plow to fit and the second snag was when I replaced the cutting edge on the plow it made it necessary to change the cutting edges on the wings and they were $95 EACH

This will be my first full year running them so I can comment more later on how well they work.

I did have a very hard time finding a used pair, it seems that once guys use them, they don't stop using them and sell'm

I found mine on craigslist.com

Good luck
  6. madmaxxxx

madmaxxxx Member

I got a set of Boss Wings and love them. They are surely worth the money you pay for them. They are heavy duty and work well. We put them on an older 7'6" SD, had to put a new cutting edge on the plow to make the wings line up.