1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings for 8' pro plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GMSNOW, Nov 1, 2006.

1. GMSNOW

GMSNOW Member

I have read many of the postings re wings but have not found my answer.

I have a '04 Dodge 3/4 ton with a 8' pro plow about 2 yrs old.

Can wings be mounted on this plow without causing damage?

Where or what brand makes wings for this plow?

Do I need to custom fit the wings (extra welding drilling) or are they made to fit?

How do wings work when you go to push snow up and over the edge of a curb?

Thx
    GM

2. BDB

BDB Senior Member

You can get pro wing's for it. I know you can get them at Northern Tool here. They work but well but most everthing can be changed and modified to make them better. Depending on the angle of the wings is how close to the curb you can get. I have them on my pro plus and love them. They are the OEM Western ones. But as you know I am 8" to 10" from the curb...maybe more. I just run the curb the other way and clean it up as good as I can. They save a bunch of time for me so they are well worth the investment. I know Jerry's Service in Erie, PA makes "Danger Wings" and those look really stought!
    http://www.jerres.com/danger_wings.html

3. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

support our Sponors

Hey GM,
    Wings will work fine on your rig. Give CPW or email them top of the page. They'll hook you right up! :salute:

Pale Rider :gunsfiring: