1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wings for 7.5

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mtfd774, Nov 13, 2005.

1. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

Can you put wings on a Meyers 7.5

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Just type in pro wings in the search box and start reading. I have 3 Meyer 7.5 all with pro wings. Wouldn't plow with out them.

3. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Metal, Yes.
    Poly, No.

We have Meyer and Western plows with wings on the 7.5's. Didn't put them on the 8.5, just too wide to drive that way, and not going to over extend the truck that runs the 8.5'. Go for it, you will love it.

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

:nono: Again search the site...........I have posted many pic's as have other people on how to install them on a POLY plow. I have them on 2 poly plows and 1 steal, They have been on the poly plows for years and we have never had a problem.

5. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

prowings for7.5

Ihad searched the site, but there was a little confusion as to the plows that you coundn't use them with. Thanks for the help

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I have them on several 7.5' Meyer plows, both poly and steel. No problems mounting them.

7. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Can you guys explain how you mounted the wings on poly plows? I have 4 Meyer 8.5' poly plows and would really like to install pro wings, but was worried about the strength of the mold board without adding steel......... by the way I do not weld! I have a source to weld but just a pain in the a$$ to move the equipment to him, etc.

Thanks in advance-

Joe

8. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I mount the outer mounting brackets to the outer most vertical rib on the backside of the blade. I find the location, then drill and tap the rib. I then weld a piece of angle to the opposite side of the rib so that it extends out with the rest of the mounting bracket. I then drill and bolt the end of the bracket to the angle. This leaves a smooth moldboard when the wings are removed.....

9. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

lawnmedic,

Can you post some pics of your poly plow/wing install?

I am very interested so I can duplicate on my plows. Thank you for the response.

Joe

10. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I will try to get some pics tomorrow. Will have to be a steel since the polys are in the warehouse. Raining like a B***h right now. Got 4" of rain last night and supposed to get 3+ more tonight...Got the steel ones out to touch up paint 2 weeks ago and still have not touched them...

11. JMR

JMR Senior Member

12. JMR

JMR Senior Member