1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings Efficiency and hourly

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by contractor078, Nov 7, 2011.

1. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

My question is I would really love to get a set of wings for my VXT I do a few large HOA's near me and a few office buildings. My question is I know that the wings will speed things up but the HOA's are all T&M so can you charge a higher rate because you are more efficient than another guy with lesser equipment? If so what percent do you think that you can add? I would think that it would be the same thing with a SS with a pusher vs just a standard bucket right?

I would love to hear some of your guys thoughts.

Scott
    in Delaware. ussmileyflag

2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Wings will speed you up to a point, depending on snow conditions etc. Can you charge more because your using them, nope. Your still a pickup with a plow thats 20" wider than it was last yr.
    Here's an idea, use them at your office buildings & take em off for your HOA's.

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

ummm, wings make you MORE efficient.

You charge the same or fractionally less and are done the work sooner, wasting less fuel, time etc...

Which then leaves more time for plowing other locations.

For your HOA's, contract them - or remove the wings.

It's called a win win.

4. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

good idea. i just wish that i could talk these guys into a contract rate. i mean they are just so suck on a T&M basis. i have been doing them for so many years now i know just how long it takes and all the little ins and outs. Truck and plow does the streets and the SS does all the cul de sacks. works like a charm. i want to get a pusher for the SS or a blade but i again its T&M so where is the incentive for me to go faster. I am doing a better job and faster than the guy that had it before me so they are very happy. But i want to get done and move on to the next one.

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

If they are not willing to pay more per hour then you should take the wings off. Or, bite the bullet there and make a little more money picking up an extra account that you can complete in the time you saved with the wings.

6. plownit

plownit Junior Member
    from ohio

That's what I did after two of my accounts wanted me to lower my rate due to getting done faster. I just told them that I was in business to be more efficient and to do them the best job and make a living just as they are. They agreed and that was that.ussmileyflag