1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings couldn't take the heat!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Shoreline, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Shoreline

Shoreline Member

Stupid drunk decided to turn into his driveway right in front of me. I had just finished installing my brand new pro wings about 30 minutes before this so the only thing I've plowed with them is another truck!

The frame of the truck has literally ripped where the plow mounts to it. Haven't heard from insurance yet what they want to do. The truck is in a shop right now being looked at. Now that this damage is done, there will always be a weak spot and who knows when it'll bend or bust on me again so I hope they don't fix it.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to put a picture on here so when I figure it out, I'll show you some of the damage.
  2. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Aw, Man! that sucks.

Waitin' on the pics. :redbounce
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Sorry to hear that, A good welder should be able to fix it by adding steel plates making it stronger then new.
  4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

The easiest way for pics is to open a photobucket account. Once you upload pics there, copy the IMG code from there and paste it here.
  5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, a good frame shop can make her better than new. Just had an accident myself with the plow on the truck, they were able to straighten and reinforce the frame and you'd never know it had been fixed if I didn't tell you.