1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wings and Things!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landscaper3, Nov 19, 2001.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We run 4 plow trucks, 3 of which have 9' plows and 1 has a 8' plow. Reading the ads for plow wings they say NOT RECOMENDED for 9' or 10' plows? Do any of you run em on larger then 8' plows? We were looking at them and we curios.

2. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i use them on 7.5 and 8.5 plows currently

i have put them on a 2 meter plow i had on an s-10 blazer

my opinion on a 10 footer they may not be heavy duty enough

possibly the same with a 9 footer ....................with a truck much bigger than a 1 ton you are able to push a heavier amount of snow which they may not hold up to, i think with them on 3/4 and one tons i use them to their strength capacity plenty

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

It may have more to do with the fact that wings on a 10 foot plow would make it oversized, legally.

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

You'll need to remove them for going down the road.

I've seen them on a 9' plow. Most plow trucks are rated to move 15,000 gcvw, so I wouldn't worry about the work on the truck. (We always plow in Lo anyway)

5. turkeywing

turkeywing Manufacturer & PlowSite.com Sponsor

The turkeywing can be put on your 10' plow without changing the width or having to remove them. They will also be heavy duty enough.

rod

6. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

You can't transport a 10' plow straight.

You'll need to angle it and thus need to remove 1 wing.