1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing stuck NOT froze

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by snowandgo, Feb 18, 2009.

1. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

My right wing is at full retract and it won't come out.

Temps have been above freezing, and I still can't get it to move. I think it has some gravel in the slide box.

The plow is an 01 I think--4 hoses/2 cylinders per wing.

I have tried running the control and hitting the wing with a heavy hammer.

Any advice???

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

remove the hoses and pull the pin holding the cylinder and pry out the slide box the pressure relief might be set too low also check the valve for extend function and retract function for any junk!!!

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I'd verify juice to the coil on extend b/f I'd pull hoses, or valves, JMO

4. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

play with the plug and i bet it will work...

5. TopKick

TopKick Junior Member

Had the same issue just a few days ago - while plow had just been to the dealer for other service. After being advised to check the coils, valves and all were working, we found a loose wire running to the coil. Not obvious by any means. The dealer was "CLOSED" due to the storm @ 4pm in the afternoon so we went to their competitors for assistance!!

6. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Just had similar issue, wing joint cover (cover for hinge point) slid around and jammed the slide box assembly. mine is a 02 version, same build. Had to use pry bar to get the box out until hinge area free, Some massaging with ball peen hammer good to go.