1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing removal on four hose 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by terrym041, Nov 14, 2015.

1. terrym041

terrym041 Junior Member

I need to get my wing out to fix a cylinder, My problem is I only have a day or two to do it any tips on it I have to replace the seals in the cylinder in the wing one is leaking bad does anyone have tips or instructions

2. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Pull your pin in the middle of the blade for the back of the cylinder and pull the wing out it will become obvious what needs to be done as you proceed pay attention to how your hoses go through the main frame to make sure
    You put them back in order to keep things neat the 810 blades are a lot harder to remove the wing on than the 8100.
    Allow your self more than just a few hours to do your job as you can have problems removing the pins in the cylinder ends that are inside the slide box and may require outside help
    Get some new hoses made while you are at it for at least the extend wing side of cylinders as once you deal with your repair you aren't going to want to take it apart again for awhile
    Good luck and be sure you allow your self more than the afternoon to complete
    I had a head come loose on mine which allowed for an easy repair on the cylinder but frozen pins within the slide box and wing hinge aren't a lot of fun
    Outside cylinder pin on the wing can be removed with a ball joint press. Most of my pins were froze into place making even removing the roll pins hard

3. terrym041

terrym041 Junior Member

Thanks for the detailed response. Terry

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

5. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

thats a 2 hose 8100 not the 4 hose 810 hes got big difference when you are trying to get them apart to get a cylinder out

6. WIPensFan

What are you talking about?

7. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Um your link how to get a wing cylinder out or apart its got virtually nothing to do with taking a 4 hose 810 blade apart a 4 hose 810 has 2 hyd cylinders inside each wing and arent much like any other 8100 blade to take apart thats what i was talking about

8. WIPensFan

So his plow has 2 cylinders in each wing? What year are we talking? I thought the 810 would be similar to my 8611LP.

9. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

the 810 were the originals some what different main frame looks the same but slightly different and two rams in each wing with pins that are deep inside the slide box that secure the cylinders. in that link you posted they used the bolt to hold in the slide box later years used a pin from the back side of the blade to accomplish the same thing. your 8611 and 8100 were like all the newer blades my 810 is a 2001-2002 blade doesnt have the springs on the wings, not sure when they switched up to the 8100. Love my 810 just dont like working on it sometimes

10. WIPensFan

Ok, I apologize for posting the wrong info. I just thought 4 hose was meaning 2 hoses to each wing. I didn't realize the early 810's were different. To me 8100 means the newer design by DD.