1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DSLL, Oct 2, 2007.

1. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Will the Boss wings fit on this plow? I figure i will have to cut off the extensions that who ever owned the plow before me put on and then they should be able to fit. (Sorry for the crappy pictures, not my usual camera.) Thanks

Attached Files:

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Is that an RTII?

no & yes
    Yes, if you have acess to a welder.

yes, if it is an RTIII and you will not need a welder

3. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

yea, its a rt 3 smart hitch 1. i was just getting back on to edit that in. Thanks for the fast reply

4. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

ok i got the wings the other day. Now i have a question. I put the wing up to the plow and noticed that the wing is much taller then the plow moldboard. I put new cutting edges on the plow and it seemed to help a little. My plan is to take off the wing cutting edge, attach the spring pin gizmo to the plow then line up the wing based on the correct hole that the spring pin should go into based on boss's directions. And then go from there. That is kind of confusing. Thanks for your help in advanced. Pic's would be helpful, i have a few but they aren’t from vblades. The plow is a 7'6' v rt3 smart hitch 1

5. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

6. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

thanks, i think i will just wing it

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Aaahh! You made a funny!
    Wing it!:jester:

8. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Put them on today. Not perfect, but they will get the job done.

wings (4).jpg

9. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

i notice you have a gap between the plow and the wing there a 4 bolts that hold the poly on the wing loosen them and you can slide the polly over to close the gap

10. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Thanks for the tip, will do.