1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wing problem

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by nevrnf, Dec 7, 2008.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

My 8611lp has a driver side wing that now only pivots 1/2 of what the passengers side does. At the end of last season it was about a 1/4 less than the other. Goes in and out fine. Had it back to the dealer a couple of months ago and they told me it was fine. This last storm it seems to go even less than what it did before. It is less than a year old and i am concerned it is a MFR issue and want to fix it befor the warranty expires.

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

2 of the same problems on my 810's. The one, driver side only pivots forward 1/2 of the passanger side. The other blade both pivot about 50% more than they should casing my scoop position to be only 8' wide. Going to the dealer asap, I will keep you informed. Oh ps ... the 8611lp slide boxes are pieces of junk, the are actually thinner than the 810 or 8611. So you may have crushed one, and thats big money!

3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I thought the slide box issues was on the early ones? This one is late 07 built

Any one have a good rear picture of the wings in scoop so i can see where they should be??

4. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Here are a couple of pictures to show how big the difference is. which one is @ the correct position?

DSCI0926.jpg

DSCI0927.jpg

5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

It's hard to tell from those pics but if I have to guess, the pass side looks like it over extended. Take a trip to Erie, they'll fix it.

6. deadogwalkin

deadogwalkin Member

Another opinion?- Yes passenger side is over extended.

7. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

What is the fix? Can i do it here? Will it hurt anything? Is it a defect?

8. Brewtime

Brewtime Junior Member

I bought a 810 last year and now both sides over extend, the dealer said it needs new clips. He wants $400 to fix. It still works fine so I am not going to mess with it.
    Brew

9. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Pass side is fine, Drivers side has an issue. May need slide box or wing or both repaired. J

10. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Just talked to Jerre and it looks like a trip to ERIE is going to happen. I have NO help from my local dealer on this issue. He is telling me it is just the way it is. I kind of feel shafted but it is what it is. Who wants to go for a ride to ERIE

11. lilweeds

I was there already this year. May go out for the spring GTG. Added you're noy going through PA to get there.

12. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Tony,

Really, NO DEALER SUPPORT. You got shafted? Where did you get that new truck side mount same day? Who fixed your plow next day over this weekend?

How about some current picutres of that plow to see what it looks like today? You know what they say about pictures speaking 1000 words. Let others form a view on the condition your plow currently is in.

Having seen the plow in person and plowing/owning several Blizzard plows over the past 5 years and 10 plus different dirvers I can tell you I have NEVER seen a plow in the same shape as what I saw your 8611LP. But please do not let my words do the talking lets see pics and maybe you can tell the rest of the membership what you have hit, or should I say not hit. To include but not limited to: Curbs, Lightpole ballards and more....

Please at least be real and not as fake as so many others here are. Do you forget that Eric installed your plow in days, when others told you weeks? Do you forget that in most cases you can stand-by while your plow is worked on the minute you pull it in the shop?

I did not think you were one of those people that piss on people after you have gotten what you needed.Was I wrong to consider you a friend? If so I think we have some unfinished business in the way of rent and the use of my yard space.

Ron G.

13. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

ouch :eek:

14. lilweeds

Ron......It's easy to understand why you've been banned elsewhere.

15. 4evergreenlawns

What should it matter to you? That might be so but does not change the truth of the matter and this is a matter where you do not know the entire story. Might be worth your while to do some homework. Future replies might shed some light on the totality of the situation.

Ron G.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  16. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Ron, I agree Shafted was a bad choice of words. I have had an issue with the wings since day 1. I might just be a cosmetic thing but it is still there, I have been told there was a issue with my exact problem and my plow serial # falls into this warranty TSB by other dealers .

At this point it is a mute point. The recent accident/impact damage voids the point of the original post.
    Rushing repaired my plow quickley on Saturday to get me up and running. That was great dealer service. I will admit they hae been quick on repairs overall. My post was related to that particular problem ..... Not to thier overall operation. I should have been more specific on that. I am sure we all have had a bad dealing with a manufacturer/dealer on one thing but continued to do buisness with them as thier overall ability was fine.

As far as the truck side, all three of the other dealers stocked multiples of it so that is a mute point other that the convenience of pickup.

BTW i have seen some of your plow damage over the last few years. You have snapped a few wing cylinders and crushed a few wing boxes yourself. I run curbs on a 1+ mile roade that suffers from a lot of drifting. Last time i checked plowing was to the curb. Not just close.

I know we talked on the phone for a while yesterday. You know where i am coming from and i see your point. Peace.

17. 4evergreenlawns

Tony,

Yes, I have seen my share of plow damage. Crushed both slide boxes on the 1st 8611LP, replaced and repaired more than one wing on the 810's. Had the 3 bolt design truck side mount on the F-450 fail too, and lost count of how many times I have had cutting edges repaired. So I know what to expect and I inspect all my plows after every event. I can not afford to have a truck go down during a storm and if it does I know Rushing will be there in the shop to repair it or make a service call in the field should the truck not be able to make it back to the shop. I know what that kind of serivce is worth to my bunsiness.

As metioned all I was saying was Rushing provides service in the most timely manner that I have seen from any of the other dealers in the area. After the parts supply issue last season I ordered my onw stock on parts I know I am going need based on experience. Rushing also increased and expanded their inventory to have more failure parts available.

I just found it hard to find my way to understanding how you felt you were getting shafted. Thanks for being understanding and making it clear what your issue was overall.

Best, Ron G.

18. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I hate the internet for many reasons. Sometimes things don't get from my head to the keyboard in quite the same order. Sometimes it is just better to not say anything and just lurk in the background for fear of misspelling your thoughts.

19. lilweeds

The reason it matters to me, is now because you are in love with your local dealer that someone else has had ONE issue with, the topic gets way off course because you feel personally attacked. I don't know if you still browse the other site but there was someone who had an issue with a dealer that many people have the same feelings about that you do when it comes to Eric. Since it was on topic many people defended him there. Now here his question was regarding a wing problem not a dealer problem can't we keep it to that? I have no personal issues with you, but would just like to keep things on topic to fix these great plows, not about the love or lack of any particular dealer. Now I will say there are a few things that we all know there is only one person that truly knows their particular ways to fix it, and if it is Eric that has that solution lets here it! I have my dealer preference, but I am in no way going to turn my head to someone who might have a better way to solve a certain problem. Thanks for listening.
    Rich

20. 4evergreenlawns

Rich,

My question about "what should it matter" applied to my being banned elsewhere. Just the fact that you bring up dealer loyality, getting banned, and the other site in the same post is enough for me to not be any further interested in talking about that situation. Either you know the details and are just trolling or you do not so you are then uninformed. Really not that important whichever it is as only time will tell.

As to being on topic, yeah, when I see someone posting about a problem with their plow and know there is part of the story being left out I am going to say something about it. I know of one person that has made a full-time job out of doing the same thing on both site and is some how seen as a god of sorts. Very few times do any of us know enough about the person posting here. Furthermore, I was the one that brought Tony to Rushing Snow & Ice for the plow install so I do feel as though I have some resonibility to know if for some reason Rushing is not giving good service. If so why would I continue to refer him to others. Tony is not the only one here I have directed to Rushing no different than those getting sent to other dealers of which members have a good customer service expereience. That was the case here.

To say you do nothing to push your dealer perference is a strech. You have dealer support from the proclaimed Blizzard Wizzard a title well deserved. Shouldn't that serve your curiousity itself. I know if I were close enough to have Jerre service my trucks and plows I would have no concern with what anyone else on the planet was doing with Blizzard plows.

Furthermore, when I did have Jerre work on just 1 of the plows I own (3 810's, 2 861LP, 1 8611SS, 1 860SW) it was as if I somehow became part of a Blizzard cult and any mention of my plows being worked on by anyone else other then Jerre was some sin punishable by death, (or should we say getting banned). Funny, thing NONE of it ever really came from Jerre at all. It has always been my impression he could care less what I do with my plows including the Erie Special I own sticker and blue sharpie marking still clearly present. Jerre and Tom are a couple of guys that had I lived there or they lived here I think we all would have done alot of business togather.

Lastly, the personal attack, well if you really feel you need to know I met Tony via the web a few years ago, and since I have become friends and have done a few things for him I would not do for most others. He knows what I am talking about and after my post here I called him directly and we talked it out. So when you say you do not know me personally you are correct. As most of those that post here tell me what kind of person I am based solely on my postings, they are the ones being short sided.

Ron G.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008