1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing Plow?

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by Peterbilt, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Anybody on plowsite run a Daniels Wing plow.

I am interested in getting one. just seeing whos got one and what they think of it.

J.

2. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

I have 1 ,Nice plows

3. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

We run 1 16' wing, 1-12' pusher and 1-10' fixed, I think they are one of the best built heavy duty plows around, we love them, move tons of snow would like to add that new one that is fully hydro wings ect.

4. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

We have a 20' wing plow w/pusher kit. We have had it for 2 seasons now and love it. Unfortunately we lost the property that we purchased it for so we are selling it. If you are possibly interested let me know and we can talk some more.

5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

What are they listing for?

I can see where one would work well for me, but I can only see us using a 12or 14ft.

J.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Well, Mr Lowballer, I have a 14' that I've been using since '97.

Great plow, did have some weak areas that needed to be fixed\re-engineered over time, not sure if they've made these changes in production though.

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Mr. Lowballer.. Thats funny right there.

J.

8. Mark Oomkes

Figured since you've been lowballing since '05, it was only fitting.

Here's a pic:

Scan_Pic0001.jpg

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

That little 212 can handle that size plow? Wow. I would think it would load the blade up and push it sideways. I ran a JCB 520 a few years ago, (Weigh about the same) I had an 11ft Anbo plow on it. It would get sideways if you got into to much heavy stuff.

Looks like pretty fluffy snow there.

J.

10. Mark Oomkes

That was several years back, very nice powder. Also the heaviest snowfall of the year. :rolleyes: :mad:

That's the same lot that had 'the most snow I've ever plowed' in it as well.

Hasn't been a problem yet, about 20 more HP would make it a truly awesome machine.

I would say it's about 13K or maybe a little more with both plows, never weighed it. Only had to fold the wings once, and that was for about 2 1/2' of snow that we didn't get to over the weekend.

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Yeah. That thing looks great. I have looked for a newer 212Su like that (New style loader arms) but can never find one for what I would be willing to pay. It Seems Like AIS always has one, but they are always well over 30K.

I used to work for a JCB dealer, and really loved to play with 212s. The just seemed to be built tougher than the 214s on up.

J.

12. MDSP

MDSP Member

We have a 14' and 16', also sub a 14' and 18'. I would never go back to a box, EVER!

13. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

10' with pusher kit on a skid steer here. It's a beast. Had to go to shop once to reinforce the pusher kit install. I can stack snow with it like no other since it's further out from the machine.

14. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Do you have pusher kits on them? Would a 14' w/pusher kit be comparable to a 12' box?

15. snowplower82

snowplower82 Junior Member

I got two 16'/with pusher kits one 16' and one 20' great pieces of eq. I recommend getting the pusher kits. i have had mine for 10 years and had no real problems with them.tymusic

16. MDSP

MDSP Member

We've never tried the pusher kits. Although I'd like to try one. Even with out them they're 10x better than a box. We had a Cat 950 (38,000#) with a 14' x 5' x 5' box, then went to a John Deere 344J (18,000#) with a 16' wing plow. We cut our times by a good 35-45%. Keep in mind the time savings vary by site. We've never lost time by switching to the wing plows. Take in to account the smaller loader, less fuel, cheaper to lease... you get the point.

17. snow dog

snow dog Junior Member
    from ohio

selling your wing plow ?

selling your wingplow ? let me know

18. snow dog

snow dog Junior Member
    from ohio

selling your wing plow ? talk to me

19. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

we run 16' daniels on our cat 924G. great plow.

20. gvm

gvm Member

you can ask these guys

Here are some pics from one of our airport customers. We took these just yesterday, January 27th, 2011. They love the wings! double 24 footers, hooked together for a 48' wide pass. Dosent get any better than that!! The wings are the best, they speak for themselves.

24' Aurora Airport - 1.JPG

24' Aurora Airport - 2.JPG

24' Aurora Airport - 3.JPG

24' Aurora Airport - 4.JPG

24' Aurora Airport - 5.JPG

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011