1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John DiMartino, Dec 21, 2000.

1. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

2. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

if its as good as he says then why the hell doesn't he put it on his new truck......

3. eskals

eskals Member

Well, I know very little about snowplows, but I do remember this topic coming up before. The consensus was that a pickup is just too light of a vehicle to handle a wing plow. You nedd a BIG truck for a wing.

Eric

Added In edit: I just saw the little video they had on the website. They show this plow in operation with very little snow on the ground, maybe 2 inches.

[Edited by eskals on 12-22-2000 at 01:17 PM]

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I new a guy in Western Mass who built one for his one ton dump. He used it mainly to push back windrows. It worked well as long as he hsd weight in the back (sander). He would also used it in large lots to save time. I do not know if it would work with a sml truck.

5. Redmowers

Redmowers Junior Member

There was a large sanitation co around here that had a F350 dump with a Viking (I think viking)snow plow & wing for plowing their parking lot .Its the only one I have ever seen around here,It was a nice looking setup though.

6. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

i've seen that one before i think

I think i've seen that truck in the big truck and equipment trader, pretty sweet setup for private roads, or if you got a contract to plow town roads.

BRYAN

7. Redmowers

Redmowers Junior Member

I dont know if they still have it. It was dark blue or black ,and either a 85 or 86 I believe .I will find out .