1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing plow on a Ford truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AJB Landscaping, Dec 26, 2009.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge Member
    from ND

Don't ever push the red button. (Men in Black)

2. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

LOL!

PS - some info on the plow pics I posted...

Brown Snowplows
    http://www.brownhomesteadinc.com/snowplowsx.html

The guy does quality work. Those are Brown front plows, as well. A few people in Maine use them. Great quality built plows. Really heavy though... double the springs on the right side! I've seen quite a few of these and other brands in the Bath - Augusta area, usually used by contractors.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  3. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

the last 1 is for the salter or sander? what ever you want to call it. then theres 2 more the shifter and the 4x4 shifter. those are levers too :nod:

4. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

here some from a old thread

Chevy%203500%20wing%202.jpg

ford550everesttownednmain.jpg

up%20stored%20jjag.jpg

waynebrownplows.jpg

webpagechevybircosidefront.jpg

5. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

The button on the shifter looks the same as used for a 2 speed rear end.

6. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

HOW IS THAT POOOR THING HOLDING THAT MUCH WEIGHT :confused:

7. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

look at the camber on the front tires, i dont think its holding up well at all

8. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

2 are for the plow, middle was dump body, and 3 are for the wing...toe up/down, heel up/down, and wing in/out

also don't forget the switches haha...hydraulic on/off, plow light on/off, strobe light, rear work light, and side work light

i really loved that truck...too bad i had to graduate college and move away from school

it was the on/off for the under tailgate spreader then the auger and spinner speed controls were the 2 dials down by the driver seat

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  9. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

F-550 with a tenco set up

tenco_10.jpg

10. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

no problem. she's just got a little gangsta' lean.... wesport

poor truck needs something on the other side for ballast lol

11. tjslawnservice

tjslawnservice Junior Member

i like the jjag wing cause its set back so you can see out your window just my two cents. But i bet they all work good for shelfing and pushing back windrows

12. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

just my opinion but if ya want big plows,,,then buy big trucks to put them on

the frames and front ends on those 350's-550's arent built for that

13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

WOW that is damn tough FORD to hold those plow. Wondered if Chevy IFS could hold that weigh.

Can you get more info on that truck I want see more pictures of that. Diesel?

14. Winter Land Man

I don't have much info on that truck but I've known they've been using it for years and years. It's owned by Chester Rice. Most of the small towns out in Maine there have only one or two big trucks, and they contract out all of the small roads to local contractors. Most of the contractors in that area have pickups and one-tons with wings. They leave the plows and wing plows on some of their trucks all summer (use 'em only for plowing). I can get some more photos of that truck, and a few others this summer. Yeah, I've seen a lot of Chevy trucks with wings, too. I actually saw a Ford F150 flat-bed with a Fisher plow and a custom wing one time near Bath, Maine. I know of a nice '79 Chevy K20 in Bremen, Maine with a wing, which I've been interested in buying for some time, he only uses the truck for small storms, and a lot of times he uses it without the wing. He's not interested in selling it, but I love asking him about it. It's plow and wing is also built by Wayne Brown.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What town is that truck in?

16. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I actually communicated with the Brown family this winter. Wayne had just passed according to his widow but his son was working the farm and still willing to build plows and wings setups.

They have a website.

17. Winter Land Man

I think the town is Damariscotta

18. Winter Land Man

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like a pretty nice set up for 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks.

20. Winter Land Man

The only problem I see is that once you hit something with it, that could be a pain in the butt, without a trip mechanism.