1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing Modifications...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Vtlumberjack, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Vtlumberjack

Vtlumberjack Junior Member
    from VT

After a record dumping 33" in Burlington, Being out for 60 hours straight, and 6 inchs in an hour or so. A few curb shots with my new getting used to wings. Let's just say they got BEAT UP!!

I saw someone else modify their wings with some angle iron to reinforce the rubber pad on top and wanted to know if anyone has fabricated something on the rear of the wing for rigid curb support. I've prevented the rubber from folding back now. But Im afraid that if i add a piece of angle iron the the rear of the wing for lateral support if i hit something, instead of it peeling the corner back im going to F things up. Looking for suggestions to my inquiry.

Pictures attached of what i've done so far..
    1st photo is of front and angle iron pieces to prevent the rubber from peeling down and add cross support.
    2nd photo is of back of wing, notice where the paint is missing on corner, this is where i had to heat it and flatten back out. this was where it peeled back.
    Again question is has anyone done anything to the back of the wings to prevent the curling? and does anyone think that if i add support back there then there wont be a weak point and in turn will cause larger damage to wing and support systems of mounting. This was all done with light light curb running,

Thanks in advanced

IMG00248.jpg

_Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00249.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Buy some 1 1/2" thick rubber replacement wing cutting edge blanks instead of using 1" rubber the Pro-Wings come with, it will help. Maybe try some Sno-Wings or BOSS wings, they withstand abuse better.
    I know my local Boss dealer carries a full line of replacement rubber cutting edges pre-punched for Boss Blades and stocks replacement rubber wing blanks as well.

3. Vtlumberjack

from VT

Do you know how much your dealer sells them for? Does he ship.. Can't find anyone around that has rubber replacements..

4. Vtlumberjack

from VT

Snow wings? I've googled and search... never heard of them.. the boss wings are pricey.. but nice.. i found these pro wings for 100 used, cant argue.. made them selves back first pass...