1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing install on RT2 BOSS V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Stud Bro, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

I'm just going to start out by saying this is a job however i am proof that it can be done.

Grinder with cut off wheal
    center punch
    7/16 Drill bit
    9/16 Drill bit
    cutting oil
    1/2" socket
    3/4"open end wrench
    15/16" Deep well socket
    6 pack of beer:drinkup:

Step one take the templates Boss gives you and throw them away they wont work

Step two take the polly off the wing this way you can see whats going on better

Step Three notch the bottom of the wing so it sits around the curb guard ( if you don't have to new style blades you wont have to do this.) see pic

Step Four there are 2 brackets that hold the pipe on the back of the wing on the plow you are going to have to notch these so that they fit around the square box tube on the back of the plow. Make sure that the bracket is sitting tight on the rib you will also have to grind the bracket so it dosnt habg up on the welds on the plow see pic

Step Five mock everything up have 3 or 4 clamps handy get all the mounts clamped on the plow and check that you can remove and install the wing on the plow also check to make sure that the wings curvature matched the plows it wont be exact remember that these wings are made for the newer plow so just pick the happy medium.

Step Six Mark all the holes. you will have to drill 5 9/16" holes and 1 7/16"hole take your time and use cutting oil.

Step Seven bolt everything on (since you cut the notches in the bracket i would recommend that you also weld the brackets to the plow is it necessary i don't know but better safe than sorry.)

Step eight put the polly back on the wing the Polly is adjustable so slide it around till you close the gap between the plow and wing just make sure that you can still pivot the wing to take it off and that the Polly doesn't hook on the bolts from the brackets.

Step Nine Cut the ploy cutting edge so it will fit around the curb guard on your blade i used a metal blade in a salzall for this. (if you have to old style blades you can skip this step

Step ten bolt the cutting edge on the wing and test to make sure that you can take the wing on and off and that there is no binding.

Repeat procedure on the other side.

Good luck and enjoy the extra 22 inches

Picture 480.gif

Picture 474.gif

Picture 477.gif

Picture 481.jpg
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very very nice job. The advice will save some people alot of time.