1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing extensions for blizzard plow found.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Sealer People, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hi everyone, I found a company that makes wing extensions for blizzard plows.

Theyre called pro wings., from buyers.

2. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

:gunsfiring: idiot pro wings are for any straight blade :drinkup:

3. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

Dude I am not quite sure he's an idiot. Just uninformed about plow wings and obviously very excited about them and wants to share his miraculous find. However had I been looking for anything plow related I would probably do a search so I didn't look Ummm. Idiotic

4. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

Just kidding I'm sure your not an idiot sealer people

5. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ok now my wife is telling me that I am an idiot

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Pro Wings have been out there for a while, along with Jerre's Danger Wings.

7. Sealer People

Hey MORON,,, 4700dan, pro wings are NOT made for all straight blades, read up on them, theres nothing that says theryre made for blizzard & theres certain straight blade plows their not rated for.

All kidding aside,,,I dont appreciate you calling me an idiot, I feel sorry for you if you're truly that much of a stupid person who goes around calling people names..
    Furthermore, I dont think you'd have the balls to say that to anyone face to face let alone mine if you had the chance.

I was trying to get some feedback, if you got nothing good to say then just dont say anything.

8. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

SealerPeople, I do have something nice to say I NEVER have a problem calling someone an idiot to there face, oh by the way it's a nasty world out their so suck it up or go home an cry to mommy.

9. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

:laughing:

10. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

It's always nice to see everyone getting along so well!Thumbs Up

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Here's your feedback. For the $200 or so that they cost, they are a nice addition to give you some extra width and containment. The problem is that they are rather light duty. I ran a pair on my old Western for probably 6-7 years and bent the heck out of them every time out. I was only running at about 9K# with my Chevy, and had no problems destroying them. I would rebuild them each fall and sometimes in the middle of the season if they got that bad. With my 10-12K# Dodge, they folded like tinfoil. For a more robust solution, look into the Danger Wings.

We may not get much snow here in Central Illinois, but I run my equipment fairly hard.payup

12. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

First off I don't think the Pro Wings would work on the Blizzards as you need to drill a hole through the moldboard for the Pro Wings and although I haven't measured to see, but I would think that the hole you need to drill would be right about where the "box" is welded on the back of the Blizzard plows and that would mean your drilling through the moldboard and the box to try and fit the attachment pin of the Pro Wings through and it wouldn't reach the back of the plow because the distance is to great and you wouldnt be able to pin it.

Second....most people here have seen my post on the Blizzard wings I made and why I had to make mine. That reason being I waited a year and a half :angry: for Danger Wings only to be told they had decided to stop production of them for the time being and I should call back next year and see, if and when they might construct them again. :realmad:
    At the time I was furious having been told numerous times by them that they would have a set for me in a "few weeks", but it really saved me a ton of money in the end. I found a guy that had a set and I asked him if I could take a look at them as i was going to construct my own. After taking some pics and measurements and making some changes to their design I made my own. I had about $70 in the first set I made. Compared to the $500 or $600 that he was charging. Of course you couldn't even get them even if you were willing to spend that on the wings. Having made about a dozen sets of wings now, I can make them for around $50 a set, which is the cost of the materials.
    I Don't think anything has changed with the status of Jerre's making their wings either, of course you really don't know since you can't ever get a hold of him and they haven't changed anything on their website in over a couple years. Yet. everyone keeps talking about them. I'm not the only one on here that wasn't able to get them from him either. There are a handful of guys here that have had to build their own, but in the long run were glad they did.

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I talked to him just yesterday morning. Thumbs Up

14. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

You really are an a**hole aren't you? There was no reason to call him an idiot just because he had discovered Pro Wings. And the rest of your rather pathetic excuse for a lack of decent manners shows your age.

15. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

I talked to him yesterday too! Thumbs Up

16. Sealer People

Lmao.

This guys a real jack a**.

Good luck with that moron.

lol

feel sorry for that guys wife.

17. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Warning sort of long and off topic.......

Since people are being a little cranky tonight here's an only slightly exaggerated story to lighten the mood. Really.
    Been working on my new to me truck here and there for a couple of months and yesterday is the last item on my punch list........ and it is not going well.
    It is getting late it is getting cold! I keep dropping the socket down in front of the motor and it keeps getting caught in the skid plate. Take coat off, slide arm up and onto skid plate , feel around and finally grab socket, ratchet and whatever hell else I drop down there. Put coat back on. Now the @^##%ing cable is too short! This continues for about three hours! It just won't freakin end!!
    To add insult to injury my wife is pissed because I left the plow in the driveway and her annual CHRISTMAS party is coming up in practically minutes at this point.
    Every 15 minutes like clockwork," Is it done yet?" I am getting just a tad cranky.
    I am finished. It is finally set up just the way i like it. Maybe just a bit over thought, okay a little anal even. this thing will plow all night no worries. I have conquered this 9 thousand pound gross weight lb pain in my a$%. I am the man!
    Literally first guest is due to arrive any time now so just hook up plow and park it out of the way. Just enough time to run in shower, change and try to be nice to my battle ax, thinks I am a red neck mother, in law.
    But not quite.........
    Do you know if you do a lot of suspension work along with your other projects like 600 lb ballast set up securely in the bed of the truck there is not a CHANCE IN HELL you are going to hook this thing up without a floor jack or something. Wife is turning a shade of red that is actually kind of interesting, my dog slinks off because I am putting some well known Navy master chiefs to shame with my language. My floor jack is gone. I got seconds left at this point.
    Screw it I am still the man! Just grab the tow rope and backdrag this ***** off to the end of the driveway and park it! Finish it tomorrow. I am just out of time.
    While halfway across the driveway here comes the aforementioned mother in law looking at me like what is this moron doing now? My wife is threatening me with bodily harm , I kinda miss my dog already and you think you got problems?

18. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

^^^
    :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Completely irrelevant but entirely funny!

19. jasonosu

jasonosu Junior Member
    from ohio

purple ranger:
    do you have any pictures of your wings? I dont want to wait for danger wings to be made and was thinking of trying to build some.

20. frdtrckmnrich

frdtrckmnrich Junior Member

X2 please!