1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing creeping back on my V plow.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Makndust, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

A few years ago I had a wing creeping back one of my V plows. It seems like it was a new seal kit for one of the selinoids or something like that but I can't remeber for the life of me. I guess that is what happens when you hit 40!! Anyway does anyone have a description of what I need to replace or clean in the valve body so that I am not on a wild goose chase? Any imput would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

mine did that last season; I think mine was the solenoid wasn't holding voltage to stay activated/keep the valve closed. If thats not it, I would say prob one of the seals is leaking. Good luck

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Only having the problem with just one wing or both of them?

4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

just the left one. Does anyone have a schematic of the valve assembly on a RTII?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

SV6 is where you want to start. HYD1602

6. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Ahhh, it is starting to come back to me, there is an o-ring in there under that selinoid colection. I'll pull mine apart and check it out. Thanks guys

7. chevysnowplow

chevysnowplow Junior Member

Makndust.....was that the issue, I have the same prob..:dizzy:

8. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I havn't had time to look into it yet. I'm going to pull the valve body off hopefully on Monday, pull it apart and order the parts. Depends on what I have to do with my REAL job tomorrow.

9. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

it could be the o-ring but I expect to be an expanded valve. You should be a able to see it, you may notice that the coil may have trouble coming off. now you said left wing, just to make sure SV6 is for your passenger side and SV2 is for the driver side.

10. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Thanks for the info, hopefully I will be able to get it apart this week.