1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wing chatter

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowdog1, Mar 5, 2008.

1. snowdog1

snowdog1 Junior Member

i got the new boss wings on a 8' straight blade. Seems like they catch the pavement and make the blade chatter. anybody else having this problem.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a new edge it will do that until you wear the edge to a angle.
  3. snowdog1

snowdog1 Junior Member

i thought the same thing but i have had the plow for a couple of months and used it probally 20 times.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Is the attack angle of the plow correct? Make sure the mounting holes are at the right height.
  5. ryan67

ryan67 Junior Member

i have a new 8' xt straight blade with the boss wings and experience the same problem. spoke with boss and the dealer about the problem and we concluded that the rubber edges are to hard for use on dry pavement. wtf? dont you sometimes plow snow on dry pavement? i have recieved and tried many new edges and finally found ones that work you might want to do the same. its not anything else it is the rubber edges themselves..:dizzy:
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

and adjust them so they are barely touching the ground.

one other thing... are your return springs tight enough?