1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wing bleeding off.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by born2farm, Sep 11, 2011.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

On my rt2 boss v plow I am having trouble with the left wing bleeding off. I can put it in scoop in the left wing slowly works its way all the way back. Is it a bad cylinder or possibly a valve somwhere?

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Had the same problem, was a ding in the seat of the valve and it would creep back

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A thorough test with no cost involved except a little time and a few ounces of fluid-

Swap the wing relief valves side to side and test again. If the issue follows the valve then you know it's the relief valve. If however it has no effect, next swap the wing retract valves side to side and check again. If it changes sides then you know its the valve and which one. If either test has no affect then the issue is in the wing cylinder.

Simple simple. Thumbs Up

4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I got the problem fixed. It was one of the retract valves. Thanks for the help.