1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wing blade

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by wdman1, Jan 14, 2009.

1. wdman1

wdman1 Junior Member
    from iowa

Has any one ever thought of making one?

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

yep I've thought of it have the idea floating around in my head for it.

will have to explain it better tomorrow as da better have called and said if I don't come home soon the soup will be cold and da tong Hot

so that means I better go home

be back tomorrow

sublime out.

3. wdman1

wdman1 Junior Member
    from iowa

blade

i made one that just helps make sidewalks wider with out wrecking the grass.

4. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

Sweet post up some pics i want to see it

5. shtuk

shtuk Member

Do you have any pictures of your wing? I'd like to make one as most of my work is clearing back alleys.

6. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

2nd I wanna c some Pics,

My rough Idea was to bring a bar/tube out from the Back Mounting Point of my Moose mount to the Edge of the FLoot Peg on the side of ATV Mount a Pipe vertical to that Bar/tube. ON that vertical tube would be an oversized collar welded onto a Tube that ran to the back of the Quad and the Blade would be bolted/mounted to this tube. the round collar allows up/down via Pins in the vertical pipe and then also allows the blade to rotate out away form the ATV. same set up on the back end of the blade mounting bar as well an up/down rotate in/out pipe with collar as well.

at the Back of the ATV from the rear Hitch would have a reciever hitch there and slide into this hitch woulb be about a 2' tube straight from the back of the ATV and then it make a 90 then runs behind the Rear tire of the ATV to the outside edge. Over this tube would be and over sized tube that could slide in/out up smaller tube giving your Blade adjustment in/out from the ATV.at the outside edge of the tube would be the 2nd vertical pipe for updown of the blade.

that my rough idea though also now that I think about it would need some sort of flex to allow front of blade down low and be able to have rear of the blade higher to create a ramp on the blade for winging snow.

just my thoughts on what I might try if I ever had the time. and ambition. Money.

sublime out.

ps would love to C pics of your side wing desgin.

a

7. wdman1

wdman1 Junior Member
    from iowa

i will get pics as soon as I can

8. polaris guy 5

polaris guy 5 Junior Member
    from Iowa

hey does help in deep snow and side walks

9. ooxteme

ooxteme Junior Member

10. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

if anyone has pics of one that they have fabbed up some good detailed pics would be appreciated. Thanks

11. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

******bump******

12. Diesel59

Diesel59 Junior Member

i was actually wondering how I could fabricate a "Blizzard" type plow for my ATV. I love the idea of expanding wings and a push box feature.

13. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

i think one be really handy to pile snow up with along roadways and be able to take a much wider swath. There are a couple guys who have fabbed their own and im looking for some pictures of the mounting brackets and everything they used. you would need a steel beam coming out from your frame under the right hand floor board and then have a telescoping pole on the back connected to your drawbar with a couple of U-joints allowing it drop and still fold up
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...age=2&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:21&tx=85&ty=50

something along the same idea as this wing

14. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

***************bump***********

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic